Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer Reading List

I currently have a stack of books next to my bed that I am in the middle, or title page, of reading. By the end of this summer, I would like to have finished them and be able to move on to the next hundred in my head without having guiltily abandoned them. 

They are: 
Israel, My Beloved by Kay Arthur 
My Life In Paris by Julia Child (I don't ever actually want to stop reading this)
Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand (I just looked this up and must admit I had no idea Cyrano was a real person! I read this in high school and want to reread it to Spencer)
How to Rescue the Earth Without Worshipping Nature by Tony Campolo
Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynn Truss (does it have a comma in the title?)
Money, Possessions, & Eternity by Randy Alcorn (another one I will reread my whole life. If you read only one book to give you perspective on finances, read THIS)
The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall(cringe! This was a birthday gift from Kita about 3 years ago!)
The Idiot by Dostoevsky (Then maybe I will think about finishing Brothers Karamozov, which I gave up on fall semester my senior year in college and still do not have any desire to touch)
Six Great Ideas by Mortimer Adler (Spencer gave me this one and says it is amazing. I will try it, now that I know how to read a book)
Moby Dick by Melville (Spencer and I have been reading this basically since we got married a year and a half ago and I think we have just hit the chapter entitled 'moby dick.' Yay for epics. Epics about whaling in the nineteenth century. I do enjoy it though, it is chock full of good quotes. When we finish, I think we can buy a car to congratulate ourselves)
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt (This is the one I want to read the most but I will not allow myself until I dutifully cross the others off the list. I already have the sequel, too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment