Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Favourite: drika b

Hello all!

Phew! It's Friday, and I couldn't be happier. This has been one BUSY week, with something almost every night. Fun stuff, but all the same, it is nice to have a break. Spencer and I periodically have what we call a "hermit week." It consists of adhering to a strict policy of saying 'no.' Sounds harsh, but we depend on these respites for our sanity (not to mention our health). Next week will be hermit week. The good news is that I am FINALLY back to a schedule I like at work (read: less than 20 hours and NO opening shifts or 8 hour shifts), so that means I can resume the rest of my life, like cleaning the house, cooking dinner, doing etsy, quicken, working out.... It has been four solid months of long weeks, and I am so happy and relieved to be done. For those of you who have never lived in a 'seasonal' place and worked in the food service industry, it can be hellish. (The funny thing is, I somehow managed to lose my health insurance during this time, by the way they calculate quarterly hours.... isn't it ironic?)

I certainly got off topic there. The point is: TODAY IS FRIDAY AND IT'S TIME FOR A FRIDAY FAVOURITE!

Today's pick: drika b! She is originally from Brazil, has a background in design and architecture, and now lives in California. She specializes in "original, colorful, hip and practical handbags and pouches! Each bag style is originally designed and handmade start to finish by drika b." She has been featured on several design websites and blogs, including Creature Comforts. You can also follow her on twitter.

Here are some of her gorgeous items. If you are looking for that fun summer tote or clutch, here it is:











Are you already pulling out your wallet? I really love that last one! Have a great weekend, I am off to do some free yoga!

1 comment:

  1. cease showing beautiful things I can't buy!!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete