Saturday, June 13, 2009

Cause for celebration

It happened! 

My very first sale on Etsy! 

Hooray! 

Yesterday I posted and subsequently sold two aprons. My friend Leah 'commissioned' me to make her an apron, with no direction about colour, design, fabric, and it turned out beautifully. I think it is going to be one of our best sellers. Within five minutes of posting it, it had been viewed four times. She liked the other apron we posted so much that she bought that one too! Thank you, Leah!!!!! 

In celebration, I made a special dinner (special being anything other than leftovers or tacos because I haven't cooked a real meal in WEEKS) of lamb chops, haricot verts (french green beans), bread with brie and goat cheese, Caprese salad and a bottle of wine that spencer and I had designated as the 'when you sell your first item on etsy' bottle. I felt a little like I was cheating because it wasn't a sale from a stranger, but hey, it was a sale and you have to take the small victories with the great. I will probably pee my pants when I sell something to someone who doesn't know me personally (and anyone who does know me personally knows I probably really will pee). 


If you want to see the aprons, just go to my etsy shop and click on 'sold' items. 

More to come in the near future, I promise!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment