Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Domestic Goddess

Banana bread is one of my favourite things to bake. I am really more of a cook than a baker, but I do like to make yummy muffins, waffles, breads for breakfast on Saturday mornings. I have been on the hunt for a good banana bread recipe since Spencer and I have been married. Every recipe I have made so far has come up short. Dry, crumbly, tasteless banana bread every time. Until now! (Cue infomercial music)

Nigella's secret to moist, delectable bread? Rum! I use Brandy when I don't have rum. You soak the raisons in a little bit of rum after bringing them to a boil, then drain the excess after an hour and add them to the mix. For those of you afraid of alcohol, don't worry. It cooks off in the oven, after imbuing the bread with a scrumptious tenderness and aroma.

Am I allowed to post a recipe of hers online? I will have to look into that. For now, enjoy vicariously through photos...








No comments:

Post a Comment