Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Treats for the New Year

Ok, so I know I haven't been posting much lately. That is because 1) I got a bit burnt out from the holiday season and simultaneously training for my half marathon (which is THIS sunday! wish me luck!) and 2) when we bought spencer a new laptop and subsequently cleared the harddrive on this one so it could be mine, we found out that iPhoto no longer works with my version of an operating system... Meaning, I have no way to upload, edit or store photos. This is also a problem for new items on freesparrow, when they come, but mostly I am sad about no blog photos. Plus, I am not sure I know how to post other photos from the internet on here. 

In the meantime, I have been reading this blog voraciously. Every single thing she posts, I love. Yes. I just mentally thought that through because I am trying to cut down on exaggerating. I really think every single thing she posts is either interesting, adorable, or inspiring. In my head, we are best friends who go out for jogs and then coffee all over Boston. It makes me want to move to a city (what doesn't make me want to move to a city?). 

Via sabbespot, I found out about some textile designers that are new to me, my favourite so far being joel dewberry. Already, I have some new ideas for table linens and totes out of his creative prints. 

I did recently purchase fabric for my 'spring 2010' line (I feel so presumptuous saying that, but I really do want to hone in on a few things and do them in abundance and also, my brilliant sister suggested that I just have a few fabrics and take custom orders from those options rather than search all over creation to find what people want). Well, custom orders aside for now, I did choose four or five decorator fabrics that I am in love with (here is where the pictures would be if iPhoto worked) and can't wait to get started on some new things soon! 

For those of you who don't know yet, I get to go visit Jenny on the East Coast for two and half weeks! That is next Friday! While out there, we are going to road trip it down to Atlanta to see my dear friend and roommate Kate and her husband Matt and their new baby Grace! I am so excited! I WILL be taking tons (ok, ok, hundreds) of photos on this trip and if I can't post during, I will post them afterward. Prepare for an onslaught! 

No comments:

Post a Comment