Thursday, September 23, 2010

Will Write for Food

Hi, everyone.

I mentioned last week that Spencer surprised me with a copy of Will Write for Food, which I have since started reading. I am convinced that food is my thing. Meaning that if I could never cook again or write about food or try new things, I would probably shrivel up and die. The only thing worse would be if I were banned from reading anything ever again. I will read the backs of food labels if they are there, just because it is made of words and I have an insatiable appetite for knowledge.

Back to food. I am not a food blogger, as of now. This blog is a mish-mash of stuff I like and do- travel, cook, etsy, read, etc. A very good friend of mine, Leah, IS a bonafide food blogger, and she is now in a contest through foodbuzz.com to be 'the next food blogger star.' Part of this contest is tied to voting, and so I am going to shamelessly ask you to take a minute and vote for her because she really puts a lot of effort into her meals and her blog, and into those around her. I am one such lucky recipient of her time and efforts in the kitchen. And if you haven't already found her blog by looking on the right side of mine, here it is. Her blog is called 'seldom made' because in the six years she and drew have been married, she has rarely made the same dinner twice. I'm not exaggerating here. One time Spencer and I went over for dinner and we had these amazing chicken and shrimp lettuce wrap things that Leah called 'a favourite' because it was the THIRD time she had made them. I think in the three years spencer and I have been married, I have made salmon with sauteed veggies about thirty eight times. And that is counting the fact that for the first year and a half, I worked 4 nights a week.

That said, I am experimenting more and also working on my food photography skills. I can't wait for Christmas because we are making a food-related gift for our family and close friends and I think it's going to be really cool. Maybe a tradition, of sorts.

Thanks for checking out Leah's blog and voting for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment