Friday, January 7, 2011

friday favourite: theater clouds

Hello all!

Have you all recovered from the holiday festivities? I am happy to be back to a normal schedule, something about the extended vacation feeling just makes me want to tackle life with vigor now!

As part of that normal schedule, I will resume my friday favourites in 2011. I found theater clouds not too long ago on etsy while searching for my 12 days of Christmas post, and fell in love! I was a major theater nerd in high school, so I love the drama and creativity of these creations. Artist Elly MacKay creates these eye-catching creations by "inking yupo paper and cutting it into layers that I set up in a miniature theater. I play with the lights and filters to create atmosphere and then photograph the scenes." 


To see more of her work, visit her website, blog or flickr page







Are you in awe? I love how the light makes the layers of two dimensional pictures seem to come to life...  I know a few friends with babies on the way- wouldn't these be beautifully delicate and unique nursery artwork? (Leah, I am still going to design some nursery sketches...)

Thank you to anyone who read this blog in 2010, I am honored and really love doing it. Since Spencer and I had a very tight Christmas budget this year, we decided to ask and answer questions as stocking stuffers for each other. One of his was "What is one unexpected (random) discovery of the past year?" I answered that I discovered I love to write for an audience. My blog is scattered and haphazard now, but I really love to cull ideas and inspiration and get a dialogue going, and hope to hone that in the next year. I am really hoping Spencer will create for me a wordpress account since I have seen some amazing things you can do that you can't do here. And since he had to figure out wp for clients last year, I figure he can put all that learnin' to good use. So, stay tuned or come on back in a month or two and see what I've done with the place...

happy non-holiday, stay at home or go out and run errands weekend! 

~tara





No comments:

Post a Comment