Thursday, March 10, 2011

friday favouite: fiji

Today I am breaking with tradition. As I type this, my dear friend Corinne is somewhere over the great expanse of the Pacific, on her way to Fiji. She and her husband Eric have been involved with fighting human trafficking through various ministries and organizations for several years now, this trip being the latest manifestation of their passion. 


I thought I'd let you know about it if you want to learn more about what goes on in many of the world's top tourist/resort locales, and to show you you can become involved right from your desk! Here is Corinne's blog about their trip (last I heard, she will not be posting while she's gone, but will put up pics and talk about their trip once they are back in ten days). 


Corinne is such a woman after God's heart; with a deep passion for justice for those who cannot fight for themselves. I was not surprised at all when she told me about this trip, as she is also a land-locked, desert-trapped, ocean lover. Of course she would be going to Fiji. One thing that we have in common is our longing for adventure in distant places (more on that soon from me). Places where (gasp!) there is no Trader Joe's to be seen for miles and miles. It's not just the where that draws us, but the why. We both want to spend our lives doing something vitally important to God's kingdom, and to other people on this earth. Those are very different things, and we are very different people, but we connect in our passion to live life to the fullest. 


So here's to stepping in the desired direction and pursuing your dreams. 


Bon voyage, Corinne! 

No comments:

Post a Comment